Monday, March 27, 2006

Loggerheads

Just watched "Loggerheads". Quite a good movie, won a number of awards. It's in the style, I think, of Brokeback. Kind of slow, but definately poetic. Like Brokeback, its bittersweet story that offers no easy answers to life. I was immediately drawn to it by the fact that its gay and environmentally-themed ("Loggerheads" refer to the Loggerhead sea turtles, which the main character, Mark, is trying to save. Its very symbolic). That's a combination you don't see very often at all. It's also based on a true story, which is always cool.

P.S. This picture doesn't really do justice to just how incredibly cute the guy lying on his side is. Almost every review I've read so far on the movie has commented on the incredible chemistry between these two actors. Go watch the trailer online. The part where Mark goes "If you were my mother, would you want me?" and Matt goes "Yeah" is my favourite part of the whole film. That single "Yeah", said in the way he says it, is just so loaded with emotions its phenomenal.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home