Thursday, March 02, 2006

Tired...

I'm exhausted. I wasn't going to blog... but I changed my mind.

Well, it seems I did end up doing what I wrote in the blog. In fact, I complete overdid it. I was job and volunteer searching until 7 in the morning. I went to bed, but couldn't sleep because the blasted construction workers had started working right outside my window. I ended up sleeping half an hour, then having to get up for class. A half an hour!

But overall, tired though I was, I'd say today was a good day. Not terribly productive, but I did the right things. Went to the rop299 Fair, which pleased my prof. Then later that night, one thing led to another and I ended up going to watch a play ("Dracula") at a high school where a colleague of mine was acting. I had made no plans of going. It just ended up that way. But now I'm happy it did, because I had the unusual opportunity to be alone with my prof for perhaps the first time ever.

For the first time, I got an inkling of his true feelings towards other members of my research team, his opinion about me. He answered my questions, and he divulged a strategy in getting an Intern program which I would never have known had I not talked to him. What surprised me the most was the fact that he was conscious of the fact that I had done almost no work all these couple of weeks, but he understood completely and even offered to sign off my paysheet regardless... Seriously, my prof's the best thing that's happened to me as far as my career's concerned. And to think that I filled out that form that put me in contact with him three years ago on a sheer whim.

Little decisions shape a lifetime.

Goal for tomorrow:
Go to my prof's place to meet that high school girl like I promised.

Check my email to see that I'm not missing anything.

Finish reading "Sand County Almanac".

Let's see how I do with those. So far, this blog is paying off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home