Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Forever Blue

Coop: We got something here. And it ain't going away.

Jimmy: I got a family.
Coop: You think Eileen wants to be married to a stranger? You think if she knew she'd want to keep living a lie?
Jimmy: I ain't leaving my kids, Coop!
(pause)
Coop: I'm not asking for that.
Jimmy: What then.
Coop: Remember what you were talking about? Living a different kind of life? This is our shot!
Jimmy: That was just talk. We're cursed with this thing.(Pause)
Coop: My folks. Been married forever right? But whatever they had died years ago. Now I look around and I see everyone like that. Staying together because of the church. Because it's expected. Because they got nowhere else to go. Cursed?
Coop: We're the lucky ones, Jimmy.

From the "Forever Blue" episode of the Cold Case TV-series. The ending gets me every time.

I'm not usually a fan of cop/detective dramas. This is the only episode I've watched, but I knew I had to watch it after I saw that clip on Youtube. Its a romance remininscent of a certain Oscar-winning film, but told in an original way and while the acting I found to be mediocre, the cinemetography, script and music was superb. Actually, the acting was OK, though I thought the guy playing Jimmy could have been better. Then again, Heath Ledger set the bar pretty high. The flashbacks to black-and-white are exquisitely done and very profound. If you were crying "I wish I could quit you" after Brokeback, you'll be thinking "We're the lucky ones, Jimmy" by the end of this one.

I've uploading the full episode to megaupload for your viewing pleasure. You guys will love it:

DOWNLOAD (350 MB)

3 Comments:

At 1:29 AM, Blogger Noodlebear said...

Downloading as I type. Sucker for 'starry eyed' love stories ;)

 
At 4:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

thanks for the episode download. i can hear the audio, but cannot see the video. it says some kind of codec error. any ideas on how to get to see the show?

 
At 9:28 PM, Blogger Kurb said...

Try downloading and playing the file with VLC Media Player.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home