Thursday, October 26, 2006

Three


I love stories. Not just reading them, but reading them into every kind of medium there is, including life itself.

Like that time in Laos, when the old lady gets on the bus to Vientiene and cries even as she heckles her adult son one more time. I didn't even know their language, but just like a good black-and-white photograph, I knew there was a story and I could make my guesses and who was to say I was wrong?

I've been looking for information on these two photographs for over a year now. Its funny that I didn't know they were related until today. When I first saw these images, I knew right away that the men in the photographs were more than just models on a set. It looked too natural. The unusual story which has begun to emerge, of three real-life men named Kris, Gary and John who share an unconventional love, and the photographer who introduced them to each other, is simply fascinating...

You can buy the documentary video and photographic book from Amazon. They're both call Three, by Howard Roffman.

1 Comments:

At 10:58 PM, Blogger Noodlebear said...

That's so cute!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home